The Female School of Art was founded in 1842 with the aim of enabling ‘young women of the middle class to obtain an honourable and profitable employment’. At first it was in Gower Street but by 1861 had moved to 43 Queen Square. In the early twentieth century it amalgamated with the Central School of Art. More details here, at the excellent UCL Bloomsbury Project site. Nowadays number 43 is the admirable Mary Ward Centre.